Monday 7 April 2008

Working on the Chain Gang

Last year I convinced SIR to do adopt a road through King County and we got a section along East Lake Sammamish Parkway. The first clean up came last fall when I just happened to be out of the country and I got no end of grief about it so I had to make sure that this time around I was on hand.

Sunday was our big day on the road and 9 other great folks joined me to pick up cigarette butts, kiddie wading pools, unidentified chunks of rubber and plastic, and being a popular cycling route a couple of inner tubes and empty gel packs. It only rained once for a short time while we were out and a few of us got together after for some beers and great mexican food so altogether a stellar day.

Here are Mark, Kristie, and Robin with the official sign indicating we have arrived in the world of road cleanup:

No comments: